Monster Party

Monster characters illustrated for my nephews bedroom, then used on invitations and wrapping paper for his birthday party later that year.

As these monsters were designed for a bedroom, I tried to make the monsters as friendly as possible and more cartoonish.

I started by sketching  a dozen monsters, choosing the best, then I used illustrator to draw finished illustrations.

To paint the murals I used an overhead projector to project the image on the wall, and painted over the image. I used acrylic paints and sealed with a semi-gloss varnish.  Overall, the painting took around 14 hours, and I painted five of the six monsters (I didn’t think the orange one was a good fit).



Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.